Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Yearbooks are in the process of being placed in protective enclosures.
Most will be stored in heavy-duty custom four-flap enclosures. These heavy-duty four flaps allow insertion and removal without damage. The acid-free, lignin-free board gives long-term protection and is 10 point sandstone archival board with a 1/8 inch spine score for thin items.
Some of the more fragile yearbooks are being placed in Polyethylene Zip Bags that are:
• Soft 2 mil polyethylene made of low-density polyethylene (LDPE).
• 100% recyclable
• Passes P.A.T. (Photographic Activity Test)
• Chemically stable
• Contains no surface coatings or additives
• Premium Zipper snaps open quickly and easily
• Reinforced side seals to ensure bag doesn't split when opened or filled
• Superior clarity