RENOVATION NEWS

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Graduate Ken Clary & Wife Carolyn


Kenneth W. Clary, Sr. and wife, Carolyn Jean Hall
shortly after their wedding on June 11, 1960
in the Palo Pinto Methodist Church

Kenneth is a member of the MWHS Class of 1955
and a member of the 50 Year Club.

The Clarys celebrated their 50th anniversary in June 2010 and their children hosted a party for their parents at Coffee Creek RV Park south of Mineral Wells. I understand it was a wonderful party and I was so sorry I couldn't make it after Ken so graciously invited me and my husband to stop by.

Carolyn’s parents were Bob and Ethel Mae Elliston Hall. Kenneth’s parents were O.T. and Jewell O’Bannon Clary, both of Mineral Wells.

Ken and Carolyn raised four children, Ken Jr. and wife Karol, of Irving, Texas, Robert Kevin and wife, Lynn Ellen, of Richmond, Texas, Keith and wife, Diana, of Allen, Texas, and Janet Kiplin and husband, Cliff Warren, of Magnolia, Texas. They have six granddaughters and two grandsons.

Ken worked at Southern Airways at Fort Wolters Primary Helicopter School, Executive Aircraft Service in Dallas, Qualitron Aero in Fort Worth and Mac Helicopters in Houston. He owned his aircraft repair shop at Hobby Airport in Houston for six years and flew his Cessna 172 to work for five years from their home in Waller, Texas.

Ken retired from his last job with the Federal Aviation Administration at Love Field in Dallas as an aviation safety inspector inspecting aircraft, mechanics, charter flight’s and doing accident investigations.

Ken and Carolyn live in Garner, Texas, and own and operate Back Acre RV Park. Ken also had a live radio bluegrass show for two and-a-half years on QXFM 88.5 Radio the Ram in Weatherford which he recently admitted to me he really missed.

Ken recently sent me a copy of a song I know you'll love to listen to again. He says the "harmony makes my heart tender." I may not have the exact copy he sent me, but I think Johnny Cash and the Carter Family do a pretty good job. Click on the YouTube link below and enjoy the harmony of the gospel that will take you back in time, and yet is still so relevant today.

YouTube:
Were You There When They Crucified My Lord?

SOURCES:
http://mineralwellsindex.com/lifestyles/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IV211l4170UPICTURE:
Kenneth W. Clary, digital image, Original owned by Kenneth W. Clary and emailed to Judith Richards Shubert for use in this blog.

1 comment:

  1. Actually, it's not Riley Perkins; it's your cousin, Anita. Riley is my pseudonym for hackers and such.
    I wish I had a picture of Uncle Oscar and of cousin Dugald. Ken looks so very much like both of them!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! We love your comments. If you do not have a Google account and would like to leave your name just leave the URL blank. Again, thank you so much.