Do I have a "way to go" or it's about time"?? Let us tell you the work that has already been done.
- New roof and new windows installed
- Grounds graded and retaining wall built to prevent future drainage problems
- Adjacent open-air amphitheater restored and in use
- Next step - asbestos abatement bids taken, contract to be awarded
- Future use of the Home Ec Building - Office space for the 50 Year Club and large meeting rooms for rent by community organizations and individuals for meetings, reunions, weddings, receptions, and the like to generate revenue for the Club
- Note: This is a renovation to period project, not a restoration to former classroom functions
We are calling for your help to see this project to completion. A challenge has been made by Janna Chandler McDonald, Class of 1958. She has given $25,000.00 in memory of her husband, Roy McDonald, also Class of 1958, toward this project.
Now it is time for the General Membership of the club to pitch in to bring this project home. With Janna's challenge in mind, we are asking you to consider an end-of-year donation or pledge toward this project. Any amount you can give is greatly appreciated. Mail your check or pledge to the 50 Year Club with the notation "Home Ec Building Fund." We will give you periodic reports of funds received and progress made. If you have any questions, call the office and we will respond.
"Envision this time as a period of growth, leadership, contribution, and leaving a legacy - living Life with a Purpose." - R. E. Mason