Information Letter and Forms about our 2015 Annual MWHS Reunion can be found below and here on our MWHS 50 Year Club website. The reunion is scheduled for June 12th and 13th in the new High School at 3801 Ram Boulevard. Friday evening's registration will begin at 5:00 p.m. and end at 7:30 p.m. so the ones working the registration tables can enjoy visiting also. Light refreshments (not a meal) will be available in the food court beginning at 5:00 p.m. Saturday's fellowship and registration will begin at 8:00 a.m. with coffee, juice and light breakfast. Registration will end at 10:30 a.m. so we can all attend the Induction program for the Class of 1965 at 10:45 a.m. in the High School Auditorium. A catered lunch will be served in the food court at 12:00 noon.
- In order for the handicapped to be served first, you are asked to please adjourn to the food court to sit at your respective class table(s) until your class is called to line up for lunch.
- The Class of 1966 will be greeters Friday evening and Saturday morning; Class of 1964 is responsible for Friday evening's snacks, drinks and Saturday morning's coffee, juice and light breakfast; Class of 1963 is responsible for decorations.
- Once again this year, we will be having a Split the Pot Benefit Drawing. Tickets will be $1.00 each or 6 for $5.00. The drawing will be at 1:00 p.m. Saturday. You must be present to win.
- To generate funds for our operating expense account, we are asking you to bring your old cell phones for recycling. A box will be provided near the greeters' table for you to put them in.
WE NEED YOUR HELP
- Only approximately 21% of our members paid their dues last year. We cannot successfully operate at this participation level. PLEASE PAY YOUR DUES (even if you can't come.)
- As you may know, we now have title to the Lillian Peek Cottage (Old Home Economics Building) and the Amphitheater; what you may not know is that we are renovating the cottage to preserve our heritage and provide a permanent home for the 50 Year Club. The total project is at an estimated cost of close to $200,000. The good news is we have already raised and expended close to $120,000 to further this project. But we need your help to finish raising the balance to complete the job in a manner we can all be proud of. As a model for your action, the Class of 1960 raised and donated $11,999 to complete the foyer. Please come see our progress and if you are able financially, please help us with a donation.
- Our 2nd Annual Mountaineer Classic Golf Tournament is being held at Holiday Hills Country Club on Friday, June 12, 2015. PLEASE put together two or three teams (individually or from your class) for a 4 person scramble and help us with this major fund raiser!
- We are a 501c3 charitable organization and all donations are tax deductible.
- For your convenience, hotel, motel and RV Parks' listings are included in this letter.
We look forward to seeing each and every one of you.
Hank Gayler, President
MWHS, 50 Year Club
Motels and RV Parks Available
Hand and Foot Card Tournament
2nd Annual Mountaineer Classic Golf Tournament
Letter, Mineral Wells High School 50 Year Club, Hank Gayler, President, Club Members, dated April 1, 2015